Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 22/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 22/09/26 23:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 22/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 22/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 22/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 00:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 00:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 00:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 01:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 02:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 02:10 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3097W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 04:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 05:30 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. a 2686W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 08:40 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 09:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1583W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 10:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 11:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 12:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 13:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2443W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 701W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 16:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but my S21 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 19:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1174W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 21:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 22:20 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2233W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 02:30 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 24/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2221W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 03:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 05:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1383W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 07:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 08:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 08:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 09:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 09:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 10:30 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2288W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 11:00 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 13:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 15:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 17:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 24/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 22:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 24/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 23:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 23:50 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 00:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2454W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed