Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Fan swaps that actually lowered noise

brave-node-304 · 22/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1908W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 22/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2320W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 05:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 05:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 05:50 UTC
A 213W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1785W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 06:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 09:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 759W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 11:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 12:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 14:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 14:40 UTC
A 1607W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2347W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3107W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 17:50 UTC
A 1855W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 802W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1062W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 20:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2003W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 880W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 23:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3091W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 02:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 24/09/26 02:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 02:40 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 03:00 UTC
A 1423W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 03:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3341W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 05:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 07:00 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 07:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 08:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 10:30 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 11:10 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 12:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 12:40 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 13:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 13:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 14:30 UTC
A 1874W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 15:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1798W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 372W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 24/09/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1693W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 24/09/26 20:50 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 20:50 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 23:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 02:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2197W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 06:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 07:00 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 09:50 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 997W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 14:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 15:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 18:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3146W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 20:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 20:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 22:40 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2690W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed