Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Launch-sniping etiquette and tactics

solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 00:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 00:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 01:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 05:40 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 07:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 09:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 961W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 10:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 302W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 12:00 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 16:40 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 17:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 17:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 17:50 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1383W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 19:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 20:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my M50 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 22:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 22:30 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1734W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2729W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 01:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
A 1383W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed