Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Best budget PSU finds this month

cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 00:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. a 1942W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 00:50 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 01:00 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 01:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. a 3100W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1179W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 05:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 06:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 964W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 1941W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 07:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1426W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1646W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 11:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. my S21 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 13:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 13:50 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1261W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 386W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 17:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed