← Forum ·
Bitcoin Mining
What made you start mining in the first place?
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 02:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 02:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 743W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 788W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 04:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 07:20 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 07:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 08:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 08:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 09:00 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 10:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 10:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 11:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 12:50 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 563W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 576W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2662W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 17:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 18:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 19:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2810W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 20:50 UTC
A 989W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3063W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 21:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 01:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2084W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2643W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 10:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 10:10 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 11:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 11:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 864W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 15:00 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 17:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1307W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 53W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 19:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 19:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 22:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 22:40 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 23:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 23:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.