Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts

quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 02:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 02:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 05:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 188W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 06:00 UTC
A 2546W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. a 113W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 611W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 10:40 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3312W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 12:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 16:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 747W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 19:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 23/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 20:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 23/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2452W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 700W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 23:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1891W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 787W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
A 221W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 05:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. a 56W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1597W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 06:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 2891W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 06:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 07:20 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3091W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 08:00 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1499W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 419W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 12:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1977W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 13:20 UTC
A 2491W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2223W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 17:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3382W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 19:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 19:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 21:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 00:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 187W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2205W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
A 2965W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 11:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 11:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 14:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 15:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1653W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1226W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1428W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 19:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 00:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed