← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Seed storage upgrades — what did you actually do?
night-kernel-772 · 23/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 23/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 03:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1639W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 04:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3194W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 23/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 05:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 23/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 23/09/26 06:40 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 07:00 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 23/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 08:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 23/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 23/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
turbo-cipher-977 · 23/09/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 23/09/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 23/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 23/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 23/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 23/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1164W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 23/09/26 17:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 17:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 23/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 18:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 23/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 19:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 23/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 23/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 23/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 23/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 23/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 2285W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1982W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 23/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 23/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 23/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 23/09/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 00:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2244W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 02:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 03:00 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2040W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 03:10 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 04:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 04:40 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 05:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 61W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 06:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 06:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 07:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 09:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 09:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1718W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2036W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my S21 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 13:40 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 14:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1002W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 17:00 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2728W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 18:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 19:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 19:20 UTC
A 2457W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 20:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 24/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 24/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 23:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 23:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.