Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 23/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 00:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 24/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed