Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Renters: what made you trust a listing?

crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 23/09/26 23:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 23/09/26 23:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 23/09/26 23:20 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 23/09/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 23/09/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 23/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 12:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 219W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 15:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1078W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 17:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 18:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3219W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 20:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 22:30 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 23:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 01:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2583W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2911W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 08:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 10:20 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 12:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 12:00 UTC
A 1224W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 12:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 12:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 976W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 17:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 17:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 18:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 819W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 21:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 21:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1411W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 00:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 02:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 06:00 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 12:10 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 12:20 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1083W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 912W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1963W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 21:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 22:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1039W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 01:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 03:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1837W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 07:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 07:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my S19 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 09:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 10:10 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but my L7 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1798W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 2843W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 15:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1739W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my M60 has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1001W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 959W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 01:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 02:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 03:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 04:00 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1590W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 08:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 08:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 08:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 08:50 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1754W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 11:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 12:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 13:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 983W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 13:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 50W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 14:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 15:00 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but my S21 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 18:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my L7 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 21:10 UTC
A 2345W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed