Welcome to the Future

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Best budget PSU finds this month

crimson-mempool-907 · 23/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 23/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 00:10 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 03:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 04:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 06:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 880W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 605W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 08:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 09:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 09:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 11:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 11:40 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 13:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2676W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 91W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 14:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3056W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 17:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 17:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 17:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed