Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

The dinner-table energy debate — fresh arguments?

lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 01:40 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 02:30 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 786W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 05:20 UTC
A 3226W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 24/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2143W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 07:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 08:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 24/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 09:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 09:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 12:00 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 12:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 12:40 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 13:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3180W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2762W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 413W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 19:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 24/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 194W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 24/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 22:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 22:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/09/26 22:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 01:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 710W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 03:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 03:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S19 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1973W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2496W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 06:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 08:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but my S21 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 11:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 12:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1513W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 19:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 21:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 21:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1009W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 23:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 00:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 01:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 530W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 02:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 02:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 890W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 04:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 04:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 04:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 09:50 UTC
A 3094W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 13:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 15:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 16:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 17:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 2929W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 22:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1375W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed