Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

rapid-relay-675 · 24/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 24/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2375W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 24/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 216W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 06:40 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 24/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 08:50 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 24/09/26 08:50 UTC
A 3246W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 10:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 24/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 24/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 24/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 24/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 24/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 13:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 24/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 623W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 24/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1488W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-oracle-302 · 24/09/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3009W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 24/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 24/09/26 16:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/09/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 18:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 24/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 24/09/26 19:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 24/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 19:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 24/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed