Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

quiet-cipher-484 · 24/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 24/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 24/09/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 24/09/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 984W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 24/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 24/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 24/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 00:10 UTC
A 2456W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3088W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 01:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2908W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 06:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 08:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my L7 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 11:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 12:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 13:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 14:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3160W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3391W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2047W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 20:20 UTC
A 1626W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3250W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 20:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 21:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 22:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 23:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 01:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my KS3 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3021W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my S21 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 08:00 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 10:20 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. a 1281W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 11:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 14:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1414W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 272W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 721W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3313W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my L7 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 22:20 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3235W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 00:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 00:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. my old S9 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 10:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 10:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 11:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1182W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 878W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1221W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1177W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 17:40 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1588W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 19:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 20:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 20:40 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 21:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 03:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 05:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 06:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1880W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 10:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 10:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 997W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 10:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my S21 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2345W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 13:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2319W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1785W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 15:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 17:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2549W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 105W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 19:30 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 20:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 21:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed