Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 24/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 24/09/26 23:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-ledger-606 · 24/09/26 23:30 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 00:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 02:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 07:00 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 08:40 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3046W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 11:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 13:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 13:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 13:10 UTC
A 2333W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 446W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 21:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed