未来へようこそ

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

zen-halving-251 · 24/09/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 24/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 01:50 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1073W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 06:40 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 06:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 07:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
A 3364W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 07:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2869W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 11:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 15:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1411W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 16:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3206W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 17:30 UTC
A 2982W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 17:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2673W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed