Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

night-block-742 · 24/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 24/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2542W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2048W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 00:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 00:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 763W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 01:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S19 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 04:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 05:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3105W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 05:40 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2758W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1990W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 15:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 15:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. a 1304W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 408W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 645W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 20:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 22:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed