Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Fan swaps that actually lowered noise

cosmic-beacon-346 · 24/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 24/09/26 23:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 00:10 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 02:10 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 545W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2256W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2014W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 08:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 10:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2338W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 12:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 12:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 12:50 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1018W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 13:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 848W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 18:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1535W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 19:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1613W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3190W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1119W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my M50 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 23:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2155W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 23:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 01:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 02:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 02:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 385W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 03:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 04:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 07:00 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3094W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 08:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 10:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 13:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 14:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 22:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1662W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2825W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 2248W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 02:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 03:10 UTC
A 2984W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my S21 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2216W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1664W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2545W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 14:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 134W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 19:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 02:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1857W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 05:40 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 07:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 07:30 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2771W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 09:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 109W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 10:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 10:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 11:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 23:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed