← Forum ·
Cryptoverse Lounge
Bear-market bench projects check-in
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 02:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 05:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1371W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2134W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 768W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 662W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 10:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 11:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 12:10 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 903W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 18:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 20:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 00:10 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.