← Forum ·
Altcoin Mining
Which alt actually paid your power bill this month?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 02:20 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 02:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 04:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 25/09/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 08:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 10:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2102W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 10:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 248W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 11:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 12:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 15:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 17:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 303W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 19:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 20:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 68W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 153W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 00:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?