欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

omega-miner-337 · 25/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 03:10 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 04:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 25/09/26 06:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2736W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 07:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 07:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 25/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/09/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 849W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/09/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 12:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 13:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 13:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 14:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 3044W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 15:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/09/26 16:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 25/09/26 18:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1302W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/09/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 20:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/09/26 20:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 25/09/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 22:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 25/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2366W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2458W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 04:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 04:10 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3087W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 04:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 05:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1199W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 13:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 13:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 18:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 521W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed