未来へようこそ

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

delta-circuit-965 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/09/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 21:30 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 21:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 25/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/09/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/09/26 23:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1368W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 03:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1930W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 04:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 04:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 04:30 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 869W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 05:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 07:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 07:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 09:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 11:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2288W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1649W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 14:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 14:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 17:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1397W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 19:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 161W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but my S19 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2138W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 01:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my old S9 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1025W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1033W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 06:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 225W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. a 314W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 23:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 03:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 05:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 06:50 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 07:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 09:10 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 10:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 10:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 12:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 12:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 14:40 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 19:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my old S9 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 21:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 22:20 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 23:10 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 01:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed