Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts

crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 25/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-node-304 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2904W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 00:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 01:30 UTC
A 490W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 01:40 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 02:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 02:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 02:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1985W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 09:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 09:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2545W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1488W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1381W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1501W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 00:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my M60 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 03:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2714W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1380W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2397W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1228W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 09:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2048W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 15:40 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 16:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 22:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 177W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 23:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1507W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S19 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 02:20 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3272W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 688W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1743W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 09:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2598W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 1749W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 14:30 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my L7 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 16:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3114W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 18:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 22:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2529W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 00:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed