Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Second-hand market sanity check

crimson-mempool-907 · 25/09/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2079W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1209W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 102W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 04:10 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 04:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 418W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 06:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1927W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 09:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2569W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 374W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2989W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 15:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1074W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 16:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 17:20 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3321W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed