欢迎来到未来

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Best budget PSU finds this month

quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 00:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 03:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 03:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 04:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2424W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 07:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3253W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 08:40 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 318W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 13:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2796W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my old S9 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 16:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 16:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 370W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1256W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1127W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 22:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 22:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1502W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1819W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed