미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts

atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 1027W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 07:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 11:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 11:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 12:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 15:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1261W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2704W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 20:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 21:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 1757W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my M60 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 22:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 01:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 02:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 03:10 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 04:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 45W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 711W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 13:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 21:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2625W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 00:20 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 00:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 01:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 01:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 04:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1213W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 06:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 07:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2462W nobody budgets for.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 07:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 08:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 10:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 11:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 14:00 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 489W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3185W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1693W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 18:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my S19 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 23:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 23:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 572W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 01:50 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 02:00 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2865W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1409W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 108W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 05:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1476W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my M60 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 07:50 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 09:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 11:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 13:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my old S9 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 15:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 15:40 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 16:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1096W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 20:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 21:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
A 475W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 01:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 440W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 02:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 02:40 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 04:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 04:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 08:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 08:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
A 2366W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2908W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 19:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 22:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2672W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1384W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 23:00 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 01:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 733W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/10/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 03:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1676W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed