Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Fan swaps that actually lowered noise

solar-circuit-782 · 24/08/26 22:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 24/08/26 22:30 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 24/08/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3398W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 24/08/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
zen-halving-251 · 24/08/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 24/08/26 23:20 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 24/08/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 162W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 24/08/26 23:40 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 24/08/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 00:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 00:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 02:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed