Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Renters: what made you trust a listing?

night-node-496 · 26/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 03:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 04:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 04:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 05:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 07:00 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 07:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1689W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 10:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 14:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 107W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 14:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 16:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. a 489W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 763W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 22:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 608W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed