← Forum ·
Cryptoverse Lounge
The dinner-table energy debate — fresh arguments?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 02:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 02:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 08:50 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2685W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 809W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 203W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2481W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 18:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 21:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 22:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 22:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 01:00 UTC
A 388W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?