Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 852W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my L7 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3019W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3182W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 09:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2922W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 11:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3037W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 12:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 14:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 15:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 1934W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my S21 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2779W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 21:50 UTC
A 2277W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 22:50 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 22:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1456W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1654W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 842W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed