Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2861W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 159W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 26/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 07:30 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 08:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 08:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 09:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 10:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 10:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 11:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 212W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 11:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 12:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 14:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 15:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 17:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1787W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3007W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 19:20 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1645W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3029W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 04:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1097W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1558W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 06:30 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2511W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1272W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 12:50 UTC
A 1207W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 13:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 13:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2313W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1289W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 18:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 20:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 20:40 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 21:20 UTC
A 588W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. a 3182W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed