Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

XMR miners check in — how's stability?

night-node-496 · 26/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 2460W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 06:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 07:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 26/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-block-563 · 26/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 09:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 09:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2345W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/09/26 10:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 10:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 26/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 12:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 12:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 26/09/26 13:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 416W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 26/09/26 14:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 15:20 UTC
A 309W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 17:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 18:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 20:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1761W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 26/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 26/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 367W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 02:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2763W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed