← Forum ·
Bitcoin Mining
Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 00:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 00:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 04:10 UTC
A 373W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 611W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 07:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
A 1595W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 10:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1799W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 11:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3315W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3094W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1657W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 23:10 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2176W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 568W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1352W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 01:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3068W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1911W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 1665W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 02:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1218W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?