Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

omega-beacon-332 · 26/09/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 00:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1148W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 01:20 UTC
A 3144W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2541W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 02:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3029W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1937W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 10:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3311W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 16:20 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 16:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. my S19 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 22:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my old S9 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 00:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2373W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 02:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 03:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 07:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 370W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 08:10 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 08:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 08:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 09:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 10:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 393W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2918W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3059W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 17:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 18:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 20:30 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 20:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
A 166W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 00:20 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 163W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 609W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 03:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 05:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3022W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 07:20 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 09:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 10:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 12:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 240W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 13:50 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1913W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 20:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2157W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 23:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2707W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 00:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 04:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 04:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 07:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 3282W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 10:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3242W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 785W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 10:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 11:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 11:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 11:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 17:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2942W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 18:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 579W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2148W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2442W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 21:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 21:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 21:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 22:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 327W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 00:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/10/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 467W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 01:30 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 02:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/10/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 04:10 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 462W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 06:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 06:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/10/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 07:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 756W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 07:40 UTC
A 311W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/10/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/10/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/10/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/10/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/10/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/10/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3123W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 01/10/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my S19 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 13:50 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my S21 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/10/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 19:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/10/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 01/10/26 20:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/10/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 01/10/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 165W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3290W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 01/10/26 22:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 02/10/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 02/10/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/10/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 02/10/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 02/10/26 01:00 UTC
A 3196W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/10/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/10/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/10/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/10/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 862W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 02/10/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/10/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 02/10/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 02/10/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1668W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 02/10/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/10/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/10/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 02/10/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/10/26 06:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/10/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/10/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/10/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 2923W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/10/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 02/10/26 08:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 657W nobody budgets for.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed