Welcome to the Future

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Fan swaps that actually lowered noise

crimson-mempool-907 · 26/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 00:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 04:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 97W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 10:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 12:50 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 117W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2177W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 803W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 18:40 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 417W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 22:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed