Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 48

lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 01:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1539W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 11:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 45W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 14:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 14:50 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 213W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2059W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 18:40 UTC
A 1459W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 438W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 21:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 23:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 00:20 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 00:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed