Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2780W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 01:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 02:40 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 04:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
A 2618W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 07:50 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 08:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 824W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 08:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 11:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1881W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 3112W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 17:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 248W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 18:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 943W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 857W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 21:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed