Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 02:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 264W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 06:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 07:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 77W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 10:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 11:20 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 15:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 21:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 943W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 00:10 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 01:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 02:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2537W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2951W nobody budgets for.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 05:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 07:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2377W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 09:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2492W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1556W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3111W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 186W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3187W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 14:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 14:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 16:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 16:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 16:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 17:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 18:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 23:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed