← Forum ·
Cryptoverse Lounge
Best thing you built or fixed this month
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 02:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 340W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 906W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3022W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. a 521W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 08:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1062W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. a 72W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 09:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 10:10 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 10:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 12:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 14:50 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2511W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3274W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 16:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2477W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2304W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1123W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 22:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
A 3278W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 01:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1982W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my L7 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 01:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 02:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.