Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

The dinner-table energy debate — fresh arguments?

omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 03:10 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 03:40 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3006W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
A 1071W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 13:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 14:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 17:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my S19 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 22:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 23:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 23:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1519W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 08:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 08:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. my M50 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2549W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2896W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3338W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 13:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 13:10 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 14:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2478W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 15:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2490W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 827W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 21:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 22:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 427W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 23:00 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 3106W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 02:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1287W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my M50 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2593W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 03:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed