Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1930W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 05:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 839W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 06:00 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 06:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 10:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. a 1368W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 14:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3080W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 18:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. my S19 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 21:10 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed