Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

golden-block-317 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 05:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 06:30 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 08:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 27/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 11:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 12:10 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/09/26 12:20 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 12:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2533W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-node-496 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 14:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 27/09/26 16:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 16:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2601W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 27/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 20:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 27/09/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/09/26 20:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/09/26 21:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 22:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/09/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 27/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 27/09/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/09/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed