未来へようこそ

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 68

lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 05:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 05:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3271W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my L7 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 172W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 609W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 15:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 15:20 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 15:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 16:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1502W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 18:00 UTC
A 1963W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 18:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 18:30 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. a 1743W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 21:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 23:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 23:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1097W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed