Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Undervolting results thread — share your curves

atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 02:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1990W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1056W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 05:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 399W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 06:30 UTC
A 2355W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 809W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 08:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1681W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 09:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 09:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 12:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1203W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 13:30 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1419W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 15:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2276W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 28/09/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1226W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1281W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed