Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 18

crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 03:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 03:30 UTC
A 1391W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 04:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2817W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 05:30 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3011W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 10:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. a 1674W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my L7 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 13:10 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 13:20 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 869W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but my L7 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 1865W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 15:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 16:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 16:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 16:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1653W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/09/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 23:00 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 02:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2159W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my S21 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2341W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 06:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1639W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2486W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 07:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 12:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 12:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 13:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 14:20 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 372W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 15:40 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 16:00 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 17:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 17:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. a 149W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 19:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 20:20 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2280W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 823W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 21:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my KS3 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3118W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2410W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 23:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 00:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 02:20 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 02:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 02:40 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S21 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1762W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 08:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 09:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 583W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 360W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1213W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 11:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 11:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 11:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 13:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 13:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2980W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 14:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 15:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 121W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1331W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 22:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 22:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 23:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed