← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing
frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 04:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 05:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 06:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 28/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 07:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 08:00 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 28/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 28/09/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1253W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/09/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my L7 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 15:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 216W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 810W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 28/09/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 19:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/09/26 20:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 20:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/09/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/09/26 21:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 711W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 28/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my KS3 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my old S9 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2297W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2647W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 00:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 00:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 01:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3312W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 03:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1483W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 496W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 08:50 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 09:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 290W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 10:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 486W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 13:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 14:00 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 16:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 17:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 19:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 20:00 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 22:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 23:40 UTC
A 1592W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 746W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 03:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 04:00 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.