미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional

frost-nonce-924 · 28/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 20:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/09/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/09/26 21:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/09/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/09/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 28/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 28/09/26 23:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/09/26 23:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3193W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 01:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 03:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my KS3 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 04:20 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 04:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 05:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 05:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 07:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 09:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 10:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 11:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 11:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 11:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 11:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 17:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 18:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 293W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 23:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 3057W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 02:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 04:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 05:40 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 07:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 07:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 07:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2575W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 08:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but my S19 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 09:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1087W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 10:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2581W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1081W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1597W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2367W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2436W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 17:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 17:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1012W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 19:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 19:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. a 588W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 22:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 22:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/10/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 01/10/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 00:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 01/10/26 00:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed