미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 01:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 03:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1069W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 05:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 05:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 925W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 08:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 09:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 11:50 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 11:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 12:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 13:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 979W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my M50 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1465W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3276W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 20:50 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3269W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 00:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2590W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 2058W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 03:50 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 05:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1920W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 07:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 08:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 10:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 10:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 11:50 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 13:10 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2121W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 14:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2572W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. my S21 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 20:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 21:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 22:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 22:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 30/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/10/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 01/10/26 01:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1789W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 01:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/10/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed