Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

S19 owners: what would you change?

night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 02:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2764W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 07:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 08:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/09/26 09:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 10:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 11:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 116W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1644W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M50 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 15:20 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 17:40 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 19:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 312W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 20:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 20:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 21:20 UTC
A 2910W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed