欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Which alt actually paid your power bill this month?

brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 03:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2874W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 04:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 690W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 07:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 11:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/09/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 16:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1670W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 18:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 19:10 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1847W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 21:00 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1491W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my M60 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 01:00 UTC
A 1327W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1149W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed