未来へようこそ

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

brave-rig-256 · 29/09/26 02:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 04:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 04:40 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 05:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 06:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 373W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2203W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 06:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/09/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/09/26 06:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 07:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 08:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 08:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1950W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S21 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 11:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 11:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1605W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 11:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 29/09/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/09/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 29/09/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 13:50 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 29/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1166W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/09/26 14:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 15:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/09/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 29/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 19:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 394W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/09/26 19:40 UTC
A 1596W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3007W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/09/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/09/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 29/09/26 21:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/09/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 29/09/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 990W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 29/09/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 29/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 29/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my L7 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/09/26 00:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 01:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 02:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2510W nobody budgets for.
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 06:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1885W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 09:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2136W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 10:10 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 11:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 12:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 30/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 835W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 30/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 30/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 30/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 15:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/09/26 15:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/09/26 15:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1776W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 30/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/09/26 16:10 UTC
A 1974W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my M60 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 30/09/26 17:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 30/09/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. a 1222W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/09/26 18:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/09/26 19:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/09/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/09/26 20:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 30/09/26 20:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/09/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 30/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/10/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/10/26 00:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 01:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/10/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/10/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/10/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 921W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 01/10/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 01/10/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 01/10/26 03:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/10/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/10/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed